Individuals That Need to Be Present at Account Opening:
All General Partners must be present to open the account.
- If one of the General Partners is another business, an authorizing representative of that business must be present.
- If you would like to add authorized signers to the account, they must also be present.
Information Required to Open Account
Personal Identification – Two forms of ID are required. One must be a government-issued ID.
- Primary ID Examples:
- U.S. citizens: State-issued driver's license, state-issued ID card, passport, or military or government ID
- Non-U.S. citizens: Permanent residents must provide their Permanent Resident Card (Green Card). Non-U.S. citizens who do not have a Permanent Resident Card must provide their passport or government-issued visa.
- Secondary ID examples: Employer ID, utility bill, Social Security Card, student ID, Medicaid/Medicare card, etc.
Taxpayer Identification Number – An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required.
- General Partnerships:
- Written Partnership Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Amendments to Partnership Agreement or Joint Venture Agreement
- Limited Partnerships, Limited Liability Partnerships, and Limited Liability Limited Partnerships
- Partnership Agreement
- Amendments to Partnership Agreement
- Partnership Banking Resolution
- If your business is organized in another state, but operates in the State of Mississippi, documentation from both states will be required.
- Business documentation from the state the business is organized in, and
- Certificate of Authority from the Mississippi Secretary of State.
Fictitious Name Certificate – may be required if your business is operating with a DBA (doing business as). For example: Jim Jones DBA Jones Professional Painting. Although DBA/fictitious names are not required to be filed in the State of Mississippi, it is highly recommended that a business do so. The filing will verify that no other business is currently utilizing the DBA/fictitious name, and it will register your business's use of the name.
Owners/Limited Partners With 25% or More Ownership
Limited Liability Partnerships, Limited Liability Limited Partnerships, and Limited Partnerships only:
- Full name as it appears on limited partners' government-issued ID
- Legal business name and tax ID number – used only when an owner of the Partnership is another entity/trust.
- Residential address – business address required only if owner is a business entity
- Percentage of ownership
Individuals Holding Key Roles in the Partnership
Including Senior Managers, Board of Directors, or anyone else that has influence over the company.
- Full name as it appears on government-issued ID
- Residential address
Additional Information That Will Be Requested at Account Opening
- Business address
- Phone number
- Number of business locations
- Locations where products and services are sold
- Nature of your business
- Annual sales
- Number of employees
- Types of transactions and volumes you expect to process through the new account