eDeposit Frequently Asked Questions
eDeposit is a safe, secure and simple way to scan and submit your checks for deposit from your place of business at your convenience.
- How does eDeposit work?
You accept checks as payments from your customers as you would normally do. Using eDeposit, you scan your checks and submit images of those checks securely over the Internet to the bank for deposit into your account.
- Is there special equipment that I have to use?
Yes. You will need a scanner and software supplied by the bank.
- Is the eDeposit system easy to use?
Yes! All you have to do is log into the system, enter the total of your deposit, and click the Submit button.
- Do I need to dedicate a PC exclusively for eDeposit?
No. All you need is an Internet-enabled device that meets minimal requirements and has a high-speed internet connection.
- Can I make more than one deposit a day?
Sure! The amount of deposits you can make per day through eDeposit is limitless.
- If I have more than one business account at Citizens National Bank, will I be able to deposit into any of these accounts with eDeposit?
Yes! With eDeposit, you can deposit into any of your Citizens National Bank business accounts, and you will need only one scanner. For multiple locations, you will need additional scanners.
- What is the cutoff time for eDeposit?
You will receive same-day credit for deposits made by 6 p.m., so you won’t have to beat the clock anymore to make that afternoon trip to the bank.
- Does eDeposit change the availability of my funds?
Yes! With eDeposit, you can make deposits as often as you like, which should make your funds more readily available to you.
- What should I do with the checks after I scan them?
We ask that you keep the checks for 90 days. After the 90 days, you may destroy them or retain them for your records.
- How can I prevent checks from being deposited twice once they have been scanned?
As a safeguard, the bank will supply you with a stamp that says “Electronically Deposited” so you can stamp each check after it has been scanned.
- What happens if the scanner stops working?
If you have any problems, simply call 601.693.1331 or your Relationship Banker. We will troubleshoot the issue or replace the machine as needed.
- Is there a risk when you use the Internet to make a deposit?
No. It’s safe and secure! Multiple security features are in place to guard against unwanted access to your data. eDeposit operates through a secure site and will not work without an installed scanner, user identifications and user passwords. There’s no need to worry.
- Do you have more questions?
Don’t hesitate to call us at 601.693.1331, or contact your CNB Relationship Banker.