Win the fight against check fraud with Positive Pay.
Check fraud is on the rise due to today's advanced technology that makes it easier than ever to replicate your checks. Small businesses are especially vulnerable to check fraud. However, you can be proactive by adding preventative services to your Citizens National Bank accounts. Our Positive Pay service can effectively help your business from becoming a victim of check fraud.
How it works.
- You easily create a data file for each check. As you issue checks, you create an online data file with the issue date, serial number and dollar amount of each check. You then electronically send us your issue data file.
- We verify the checks. We utilize your issue data to verify the checks that have posted to your account. Non-matching items are reported via a Positive Pay Exceptions Report for your review and payment decision.
- We send you an Exceptions Report. Your Positive Pay Exceptions Report is available to you by 7:30 AM each morning via our online Business eBanking Positive Pay service.
- You decide about payment of each check. Simply make your pay or no-pay decisions online by 9:30 AM.
- We protect you from over-the-counter fraud. We will even verify checks if they are cashed over the counter at our banking offices. We match these checks against your issue data which is a feature many banks don't offer.
Features and Benefits
- Fraud control - Dramatically reduce the possibility of check fraud. You get enhanced ability to identify and return fraudulent items, including payee name suspects. We work with you to verify that you have actually issued the checks that post to your account.
- Check verification - All checks presented for payment are verified; including checks presented at our banking offices. Positive Pay also protects your business against lost or stolen checks and prevents payments for duplicate checks or stale dated checks.
- You decide whether to pay a check or not - Make decisions about whether to pay or return exception items. CNB’s Business eBanking gives you easy online access to make decisions about exception items and upload issue information.
- Exception options - In addition to check number and dollar amount, you have the added protection of mismatch, duplicate and stale dated items included in your exceptions report.
Contact your Relationship Banker to learn more about Positive Pay.