Citizens National Bank Internet Privacy & Security Statement
This Online Security Policy (“Policy”) applies to this Citizens National Bank (CNB) online interface (i.e., website or mobile application) and any online interface that links to the Policy. CNB is committed to protecting your personal and financial information provided to us at all times. This Policy describes how data is collected by and through CNB’s website(s), mobile application(s), and other online interfaces (collectively, our “Sites”), including the information gathered from our website at https://www.yourcnb.com, and how that information may be used or shared. For purposes of this Policy, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to CNB. The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to any natural person who accesses or uses our Sites for personal, family, or household purposes. By using or accessing our Sites, you confirm your agreement to the terms of this Policy as may be in effect at that time.
Collecting, storing, and sharing customer information is essential to delivering useful banking products and services to consumers. To serve you efficiently and conveniently as a consumer, we have to use modern technology and customer information.
We understand that you expect us to maintain proper safeguards to protect the confidential information you provide. The privacy of your information is protected not only by state and federal laws but by our commitment to protecting your financial information. We have established policies and procedures to help prevent the misuse of that information. This prepared statement explains what types of data we collect, how we use that data and the circumstances under which we may share all or part of the information.
Under no circumstances do we provide deposit or loan account personal information to third parties for independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any non-financial products or services of those companies.
We disclose information permitted or required by various federal and state laws to consummate your transaction and as directed by you. Our strict policies to protect your information apply equally to current (active) and inactive (closed) accounts, both loans and deposits.
By accessing or otherwise using https://www.yourcnb.com and any mobile application or interface, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Online Security Policy and the associated Terms of Service. According to this Policy, you expressly consent to collecting, using, and processing your Personal Information and Anonymous Information.
Personal information means any information we collect or use by or through our sites that identifies you personally, and "Anonymous Information" represents information that we collect or use by or through our Sites that does not identify you personally or contain personal identifiers about you.
Examples of Personal Information include your name, telephone number, and address. Examples of Anonymous Information include information about your mobile device, web browser, and operating system.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Suppose you are browsing through our website. In that case, we do not request any Personal Information, nor do we collect uniquely identifying information unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us the information, such as when you send the Bank an email, give feedback on our products and services, complete a survey, or complete an application online. If you provide us with this information, it is only used internally and in furtherance of the purpose for which it was provided.
As noted above, Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, applications, and other online fields, including name, addresses, telephone and mobile numbers, or account numbers. To the extent that any such information you provide is “nonpublic personal information” as defined and described by Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6809, said Act shall control and supersede this Policy. As part of providing online financial products and services, we may obtain Personal Information about our Account Holders and website visitors from various sources, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications, emails, or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us and our affiliates;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; and
- Information generated electronically when you visit our website or use our online financial services.
We May Use Personal Information in the Following Ways
- To respond to your inquiries and requests and to send you notifications.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your applications for our products and services and to deliver and perform such products and services, to execute inquiries and transactions you have requested, to communicate with you regarding products and services you have obtained from us, and to provide you with related customer service.
- To verify your identity or location for security purposes.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may interest you.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- As you agree, authorize, or consent to agreements, terms, and conditions you agree to or accept in connection with products and services you obtain from us.
- For our business purposes, including (but not limited to) such purposes as (i) data analysis, (ii) audits, (iii) fraud monitoring and prevention, (iv) new product development, (v) enhancing, improving, or modifying our products and services, (vi) identifying usage trends, (vii) determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and (viii) operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate (i) under applicable law, (ii) to comply with legal process and otherwise to comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations, (iii) to respond to lawful requests from public and government authorities, (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions, (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our affiliates, you or others, and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We Collect and Use Anonymous Information
Our third-party service providers and we may collect and use Anonymous Information in a variety of ways, including the following:
- We use web analytics tools to collect Anonymous Information about visited pages, clicked links, and other information about the use of our website.
- We use this information in the aggregate to better understand consumer activity and to improve Bank products and services. Certain information is collected by most browsers and through your devices, such as your Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version.
- We use this information to ensure that our Sites function correctly on computers and personal devices for fraud detection, prevention, and security purposes. Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the website, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with the Bank.
- We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device, which allows safe use of our online products and services.
- We collect statistical information about the usage of our Sites to continually improve their design and functionality, monitor responses to Bank advertisements and content, understand how Account Holders and visitors interact with them, and assist us with resolving questions regarding the website. Web browsers can alert you when cookies are placed on your computer or mobile device or prevent them from being placed. However, some of our Online Banking functions may not work properly if you choose to prevent cookies from being placed on your computer or mobile device.
- We may also use the information collected for internal statistical purposes or to send you communications about products and services you have requested or may have indicated potential interest.
A cookie is a file sent from a website to your computer's hard drive when you are logged on to the site. This file allows the site to recognize whether the computer has been there before and what security requirements and browser preferences the computer requires. Only the site that sent the cookie can read the cookie, and only information given directly by the logged-on user to the site is accessible. Computer viruses cannot be transmitted through cookies.
You, as a customer, can choose not to accept cookies, and you may do this by making the appropriate selection from your browser options. Please understand, however, that certain services require cookies for effective delivery. Whenever this is the case, you will be informed that you will need to allow cookies if you wish to receive the service. Cookies also simplify your site visit by keeping you from having to re-enter your password every time you change pages within a secure session.
Other Uses of Information Collected
We may disclose the information we collect, as described above, with third-party Service Providers acting on our behalf to provide online financial services such as Online Banking, Mobile Banking, and Bill Payment.
We may also use the information collected in connection with our online advertising, which may take the form of banners or pop-up ads. We may disclose information when required or permitted by law.
For example, information may be disclosed with a subpoena or similar legal process, fraud prevention, or security investigation. In addition, we may disclose information in the following circumstances:
- To allow you to utilize features within our Site by granting us access to information from your devices, such as contact lists or geo-location, when you request certain services.
- For risk control, fraud detection, and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal processes and law enforcement requirements.
- We may share information outside of the Bank when we have your consent, such as when you request a specific product like insurance or an investment product from a third-party financial services provider.
We may disclose aggregate (i.e., not personally identifiable) information with Service Providers or financial institutions that perform marketing and research services on our behalf and with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Our contracts require all such Service Providers/or financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of your information to the same extent that we are required to do so.
We may request that you participate in surveys and other forms of market research, contests, and similar promotions and administer these activities. Some of these activities may have additional rules, including the use and sharing of Personal Information.
We do not disclose any information about our current Account Holders, former Account Holders, and website visitors to anyone except as permitted or required by law. We do not sell any of your Personal Information.
Links to Other Websites
For your convenience, we may provide links to third-party sites. Suppose you follow links to websites not affiliated with or controlled by the Bank. In that case, you should review the Privacy and Online Security Policies and other terms and conditions, as theirs may differ from ours.
We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including their information's accuracy, completeness, or reliability. Citizens National Bank is not responsible for the content of linked sites and does not represent either the third party or you, the Account Holder if you enter into a transaction.
We may send you a confirmation email when you enroll for our online services and opt-in for Bank communications. We may also send emails marketing various products and services offered by the Bank or its affiliates, and we always allow you to opt out of these marketing-related emails.
If you agree to accept electronic disclosures and online account e-statements, we may send you notices of important account updates through email. For example, suppose you have decided to accept disclosures electronically. In that case, we may send you an email with updates to this Online Security Policy, or we may send you a notice that your account statement is available for viewing on our website.
All personal and account information that passes between your computer and Citizens National Bank (CNB) Online Banking is encrypted. This means that while your data is in transit, it is scrambled so that only CNB computer equipment can reassemble it to its original text format. When CNB sends personal account information to you, it is also encrypted so that only your computer can decipher it and reconstruct the data transmitted.
There are also internal procedures in place within the CNB Online Banking system that include a method of filtering routers and firewalls. Filtering routers verify the source and destination of each transaction, while firewalls shield the Bank's customer service network from outside sources. These two systems then protect the bank's internal accounts from illegal external access while keeping the structure of the bank's internal networks invisible to outside observers.
CNB is continuously evaluating its security systems to ensure that the bank provides the latest and most secure levels of privacy and security appropriate for our customers.
User ID and Password
The most important way to protect your Online Banking transactions is by using your self-selected User ID and Password. Be sure to keep them a secret. Memorize them, and if you need to maintain a written record of the codes, it is recommended that you store them away from your computer in a secure place and not in your wallet or purse.
Always ensure that no one is watching you enter the information. Always log off the Citizens National Bank Online Banking website whenever you are away from your computer (click the logout button). If your computer is left unattended and the browser is running with your User ID and Password entered, anyone can gain access to your accounts.
It is recommended that you change your Password often and refrain from using simple words or numbers in sequence. Use uppercase and lowercase letters along with numbers and symbols unique to you. Avoid obvious words and numbers, like a family member’s birthday or name.
Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Citizens National Bank’s Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
What does Citizens National Bank do with your personal information from the mobile application?
The mobile application requests access to information stored on your devices, such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in, to enrich and simplify your user experience, improve our services, and provide additional security to protect your account.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application that permission.
- If you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline.
If you later change your mind, those permissions can be updated in your device's settings.
Some examples of information your app will request access to are:
We use security measures that comply with federal law to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. Please contact us to determine specific timeframes for your personal stored data and if that information may be deleted.
Mobile Banking App Notifications
Our Mobile Banking App collects location data to enable push notifications to offer our products and services to the consumer, even when the app is closed or not in use. A pop-up screen will notify the consumer requesting approval to receive push notifications for this new mobile feature. The consumer can opt out of push notifications during this time or turn off the locations part of the app within their phone settings. In-app ads and banners within the mobile banking app will not be affected. The consumer will still receive these ads, and the opt-out feature for this advertisement is unavailable.
Citizens National Bank (CNB) provides experiences on social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook®, Twitter®, YouTube®, Instagram®, LinkedIn®, and Pinterest® that enable online sharing and collaboration among users who have registered to use them.
In addition, please note that when visiting any official CNB social media pages, you are also subject to our Online Security Policy. As such, we may collect information from our interactions with you at such social media outlets and applications and use the collected data for the purposes described in this Policy.
Updates to Online Security Policy
This Online Security Policy is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to this Online Security Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will be effective from that date. Your use of the website following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.