- Establish or improve your credit score.
- Regain your financial strength.
- With only four simple steps, put yourself on the way to a better financial future.
How it works!
With four simple steps, you're on your way to a better credit score.
Step 1: Financial Education
Successfully complete one of the FDIC's online Money Smart Financial Education courses shown below. A certificate of completion is required prior to applying for the ScoreBuilder Loan.
- Borrowing Basics, helping you understand how credit works
- Money Matters, helping you prepare a personal spending plan
Step 2: Loan Qualification
Once you've provided your Money Smart course completion certificate to your Personal Banker, your Banker will determine the loan type that is right for you based on your individual credit score.
Step 3: Open a Checking and Savings Account
- Open a CNB checking account that best fits your needs, and we'll waive the monthly maintenance fee for 12 months. Don't qualify for a traditional checking account? We offer a nontraditional checking account that can help you get a fresh start on checking. A CNB checking account is required in order to receive a ScoreBuilder Loan.
- A ScoreBuilder Savings account must also be opened for the disbursement of loan proceeds and for use as collateral for the loan.
Step 4: Building Your Credit
Loan proceeds are based on your credit score and will be deposited into your checking and/or ScoreBuilder Savings account with CNB. Auto debit payment from the checking account is required.