- Establish or improve your credit score.
- Regain your financial strength.
- With only four simple steps, put yourself on the way to a better financial future.
How it works!
With four simple steps, you're on your way to a better credit score.
Step 1: Financial Education
Your CNB Personal Banker will provide a brief, in-person, financial literacy session to help you improve your credit score. At the end of the session, you will be required to sign a document indicating that you have completed the training session.
(Shown above is the financial literacy session document that your banker will provide. Printing this document and bringing it with you is not required when visiting your local CNB branch to open this account.)
Step 2: Loan Qualification
Once you've signed the document acknowledging the training session is complete and filled out the ScoreBuilder application, your Personal Banker will then determine the loan type that is right for you based on your individual credit score.
Step 3: Open a Checking and Savings Account
- Open a CNB checking account that best fits your needs, and we'll waive the monthly maintenance fee for 12 months. Don't qualify for a traditional checking account? We offer a nontraditional checking account through our CleanSlate Program.
(A CNB checking account is required in order to receive a ScoreBuilder Loan.)
- A ScoreBuilder Savings account must also be opened for the disbursement of loan proceeds and for use as collateral for the loan. Exception: ScoreBuilder Line of Credit III (Meridian Market Only) does not require a ScoreBuilder Savings account.
Step 4: Building Your Credit
Loan proceeds are based on your credit score and will be deposited into your checking and/or ScoreBuilder Savings account with CNB. Auto debit payment from the checking account is required.
*Subject to credit approval.